Are you looking to get in touch with us? Great!
You can try out our live chat or send us a message on this page. Simply select the reason you are contacting us and we will be in touch shortly.
I made a mistake on the form.
- You have made a mistake when you filled out the form and now you have already received the PDF, and cannot go back to edit it? No worries. You can simply print the form and then use a pen to cross out what is wrong and write the correct word/number by hand next to it. The forms will be read by an employee, not an automated machine.
- Alternatively, please use the form below and describe which field should be edited. We will send you the edited form within a few working days.
I did not receive my form / PDF.
You have filled out the deregistration form on our website but did not receive the form? Don’t worry. This should not happen, but if it does, it was probably a glitch and you don’t have to submit the form another time (which takes time, right?). We will try to retrieve it and send it to you another time.
What you need to do
- Simply get in touch with us (use the form below)!
- Our team will get back to you within 2 working days, but usually on the same day.
- We will re-send the completed deregistration form to the email address you provided when you submitted the form. You can then print the form and take it to the deregistration office (or send it there!).
I have not received any confirmation from the German registration office / municipal office.
You have not received a deregistration confirmation after you sent the deregistration form to the German registration office? Or if you simply want to check if you are deregistered successfully? Unfortunately, we do not have access to the stage of processing of your deregistration; only the municipal / registration office does.
3 Things you can do
- Sometimes delivering letters and having the processed by the registration / municipal office can take 1-2 weeks. Perhaps you want to wait a little longer.
- Sometimes letters get lost. So you can try and send your deregistration letter again. To indicate to the registration office that this is the second attempt to deregister, please write by hand at the top of the cover letter “2. Zustellungsversuch”.
- If your matter is urgent and / or none of the other methods work: Get directly in touch / call the registration office to which you sent the deregistration:
- If you cannot find a way to contact the local office, you can also call the central German-wide number registration office (0049) 115 where someone will be able to refer you to the right place and update you on the status of your deregistration right away.This would be the quickest way. You can ask them to tell you on the phone, if you are successfully registered. You can ask them to send the confirmation in written again, too, if you require evidence of your deregistration.I don’t speak German, what to do?
- Not all German registration officials speak English. If they do not, here is an example of what you could say to them:
- In German: “Ich habe Ihnen ein Abmeldeformular geschickt, aber ich habe keine Bestätigung bekommen. Können Sie mir sagen, ob ich in Deutschland abgemeldet bin? Können Sie mir die Bestätigung bitte schriftlich zusenden an xxx?”
- In English: “I have sent you the deregistration form but I have not received a confirmation. Can you tell me, if I am deregistered in Germany? Can you please send me the deregistration confirmation in written to xxx?”.
Money Back Guarantee
Our guarantee to our customers: You only pay once you are actually deregistered*. You can find out if you are successfully deregistered by a) calling the registration office where you deregistered, or b) receiving a confirmation letter (this is not always the case; especially if you live outside of Germany).
*If you have not successfully deregistered or received the required confirmation from the German registration office within 45 days of sending them your filled-out deregistration form, you can claim your money back (proof needed). Please get in touch with us by providing your name, email address, customer/invoice number, a short explanation of the situation and attachment of the proof/documents.
If you had problems and want to claim your money back, please use the form below.
Imprint – Information pursuant to Sect. 5 German Telemedia Act (TMG)
The information applies to the following websites: https://deregistration.de, https://support.deregistration.de
Expat Services UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Commercial Register: HRB 161011 B
Registration court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg (Berlin)
– hereafter referred to as „SympatMe Expat Services“ –
Sales tax identification number according to Sect. 27 a of the Sales Tax Law:
Responsible for the content according to Sect. 55, paragraph 2 RStV
c/o Expat Services UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
EU dispute resolution
The European Commission provides a platform for online dispute resolution (ODR): https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr.
Our e-mail address can be found above in the site notice.
Dispute resolution proceedings in front of a consumer arbitration board
We are not willing or obliged to participate in dispute resolution proceedings in front of a consumer arbitration board.
Insurance Broker License:
SympatMe Expat Services operates as an insurance brokerage company within the meaning of § 34 d Par. 1 of the Commercial Code (Versicherungsvermittler). A statutory license in accordance with § 34 d Par. 1 of the Commercial Code has been awarded.
SympatMe Expat Services is registered in the Insurance Intermediary Register with the registration number D-DK4A-SJF20-22 in accordance with § 34 d Par. 7 of the Commercial Code.
Insurance Broker and Corporate Liability Insurance:
SympatMe Expat Services has a pecuniary damage liability insurance with:
Allianz Versicherungs AG
Phone: +49 (0) 800 / 1122 3344
SympatMe Expat Services operates independently (ungebunden). Neither SympatMe Expat Services, nor an insurance company, or the parent company of an insurance company has shares, directly or indirectly, in the voting rights, or capital of an order of more than 10% of each other. Because SympatMe Expat Services cooperates with a large number of product providers, SympatMe Expat Services can offer their clients an extensive selection in all essential insurance areas. SympatMe Expat Services performs the activities of a broker in this respect.
Registration in the Insurance Intermediary Register can be verified:
German Chamber of Commerce and Industry:
Deutscher Industrie- und Handelskammertag (DIHK) e.V.
Breite Straße 29
Phone: +49 (0) 30 / 203080
Web: www.vermittlerregister.info/ D-DK4A-SJF20-22
Arbitration Bodies, which can be referred to in a dispute:
Phone: +49 (0) 800 / 3696 000
Ombudsman for private and public health insurance:
Phone: +49 (0) 180 / 2550 444
Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Berlin:
Industrie- und Handelskammer (IHK) Berlin
Department „Wirtschafts- und Steuerrecht“
Phone: +49 (0) 30 / 315 10 0
District office Berlin Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf:
Bezirksamt Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf von Berlin
Phone: +49 (0) 30 / 9029 10