Mail Forwarding from Germany
Receive mail at your new address
We set up your mail forwarding for you! Book now!
- You can fill out our form in Engilish!
- Fully digital booking of mail forwarding
- Or have your mail digitized
- Customer support via Live Chat & Email
Facts About Mail Forwarding
If you want to forward your mail you should not miss our detailed blog post on this topic: Mail Forwarding from Germany
What is mail forwarding?
Mail forwarding is a service that allows you to have your personal or business mail redirected to your new address when you move. It is a convenient service that helps you settle into your new home.
There is always lots to do and think about when you’re moving house. You can forward your mail to any other address in the world. For instance, it doesn’t matter if you move within Germany or go to another country, such as the United States.
What does a forwarding service offer me?
There are many things to consider when moving. Sometimes it’s hard to think of every person, insurance, or club you’ll need to give your new address. And it’s time-consuming. Did you remember to call that aunt who sends you a Christmas card every year? Or the car club that sends you a free magazine every summer?
Once you move out of your old home and maybe even leave Germany, you won’t be able to receive mail anymore, and any letters will be returned to the sender. To prevent this, you can book our mail forwarding service.Having a reliable mail forwarding service is vital to have mail forwarded to your new address.
Bank statements, utility bills, and maybe your aunt’s Christmas card – make sure not to miss anything.
Please bear in mind that parcels and packages will not automatically be redirected. You can book this as an additional service if you need it.
What types of mail are forwarded?
- Postcards and letters (also large and maxi letters)
- letter items with the additional services register, COD, prio, value
- Blind items
- Merchandise mail, Merchandise consignments, Book consignments
- Dialog post (addressed advertising mail-in envelopes)
- Streifbandzetungen (newspapers or magazines in addressed, postage-paid envelopes)
Please note that for forwarding letters to foreign countries, the foreign postal companies will charge additional fees for delivery as specified there.
Domestic Dialog posts without wrapping and express items are excluded from forwarding. Pressesendungen (e.g. customer magazines) and Postvertriebsstücke (e.g. daily newspapers), hereinafter referred to as “Pressepost”, are generally excluded from redirection. In Germany and abroad, Pressepost will be forwarded by exception if it is sent as a Streifbandzeitung.
The forwarding of Dialogpost, Warenpost, Warensendungen, Büchersendungen, Werbeantwort, Pressepost, letters with the additional services Einschreiben, Nachnahme und Wert, Telegramms as well as DHL Packages, DHL Parcels, Dialogpost Schwer (heavy), Blindensendungen Schwer and Express-Sendungen is excluded.
In the case of advance instructions from the sender (e.g., “Do not forward” or “Return with a new address if you move!”), no forwarding will take place.
Items will not be forwarded if their name or address differs from the data entered in the forwarding order or if they are addressed to persons not listed in the order.
Documents from postal delivery orders will only be forwarded outside the municipality based on corresponding advance orders from the sender, solely within Germany, and only in the event of the recipient’s absence due to relocation or in the event of care or insolvency if a corresponding order has been issued.
How soon does the mail forwarding take effect?
Mail redirection needs a few days to take effect. So please plan to order the forwarding service in advance. The activation process typically takes 5 working days.
Post digitization: How does it work?
A digital postal solution offers enormous advantages for people with a mobile lifestyle or for emigrants who are looking for a smart solution to forward their mail. It enables access to the post independent of location and time, which prevents missed deadlines and appointments.
Instead of ordering a forwarding request and waiting for the physical mail, letters can simply be forwarded to a provider such as Caya or Dogado, who then scan and upload the post to the digital mailbox. This way, one is no longer dependent on long postal routes and has access to their mail at any time.
Would you like to read more about this topic? Then check out our blog post on this topic: Mail to Scan Service Germany: The Best Providers 2023
Book your mail forwarding service online
Mail forwarding service
6 months: starting at 11,65 / month*
12 months: starting at 6,66 / month*
*One time payment / More info in FAQs
It is best to book the mail forwarding service before you move, and you can easily do it online. With Deregistration.de, you can place your order in English.
How the process works:
- Press “Start now,
- You can choose whether you also want parcels and packages to be forwarded
- Select the service duration of six or 12 months
- Upon payment, we create your mail forwarding order
- You will receive your booking confirmation within 48 hours in your personal support ticket
Here’s how it works:
Your original mail is delivered to the provider of your choice, where it is scanned and uploaded in a digital form that you can easily access online.
Anyone looking for a reliable mail scanning provider will quickly come across the names Caya and Dogado. Both companies specialize in digitizing physical mail and offer their customers a reliable and easy service.
- Caya is a young company founded in Berlin in 2017. Since then, it has become one of the leading providers in the field of mail digitization. With a secure online mailbox and an experienced team of scanning specialists, Caya offers its customers a reliable and efficient solution for managing physical mail.
- Dogado is an established company that has been in the market since 2001. It is known for its high-quality cloud solutions and online services in the field of digital transformation. With the introduction of the Digital Mailbox, Dogado has expanded its portfolio and now offers an efficient solution for digitizing physical mail.
Both providers have their strengths and offer excellent service. Ultimately, your choice will depend on your personal needs and preferences. However, it is certain that you will make a good choice with Caya or Dogado. Would you like to read more about this topic? Then check out our blog post on this topic: Mail to Scan Service Germany: The Best Providers 2023
We work with you individually, and our tailored approach allows you to choose the right service
Our service is fully online, which means that you will not or barely need to deal with any paperwork, yes, even in Germany!
We are experts in our field, and you can trust that we will work on your case with commitment
Facts about our Service
FAQ Mail Forwarding
How does the Mail Forwarding Service work?
With SympatMe, you can choose your mail forwarding service online, and our booking process is in English. If you have questions or any issues arise, you can rely on us to assist you and translate whatever you need to know regarding your mail forwarding order.
Which documents do i have to provide?
For the mail forwarding order we need the following documents and information from you:
- A power of attorney (will be created in the order process)
- Your previous address in Germany
- Your new address
How much does mail forwarding cost? *
Make sure not to miss a thing when you move, within Germany or abroad. You can book our mail redirection service. With SympatMe, your mail will be forwarded to your new address for 6-12 months. Whether you’re still receiving wage slips, waiting for a cancellation confirmation, or other correspondence: Choose a mail forwarding order!
- Mail forwarding 6 months: starting at 11,65€ per month = 69,90 €/ year
- Mail forwarding 12 months: starting at 6,66€ per month = 79,90€/ year
*We book the forwarding order for 6 or 12 months in your name and pay all fees. Prices are incl tax. The payment for the 6 or 12-month order is paid once. This price includes only the mail forwarding. We are an independent service provider and work with companies such as Deutsche Post, DHL, and many more.
What do I have to pay attention to when using the redirection service?
- Please note that the transit time of your mail will be extended due to redelivery.
- In case of temporary absence: Please consider that letters we receive one day before the redelivery date will still be forwarded.
- Problems with forwarding abroad: Please contact the local postal service provider so that incorrect processing/long delivery times can also be ruled out.
- Your active help is essential for the smooth forwarding of your mail: Remove the nameplates from the mailbox and doorbell when you move out (applicable when you move), label the mailbox at your new address/location clearly and thoroughly and place it in a position that is easily accessible for delivery staff, ensure that a visible house number is displayed at your new address, inform your contacts (e.g., publishers, banks) about your new address.
What are the payment options?
You can choose from the following payment methods:
- Credit card
- (Instant) Bank Transfer
- Apple pay
- KBC/ CBC Payment Button
- Belfius Direct Net
Once you click “buy,” we direct you to our payment provider’s page. There you can complete your payment. We do not store your payment details at any time!
After successful payment, we redirect you back to our site.