Deregister Your Business Online
With our service, we’ll deregister your business for you! Book online now!
- You don’t need to speak German to deregister your business
- You can deregister your trade online
- You can contact us via Live Chat & Email
Facts About Business Deregistration in Germany
If you want to deregister your German trade you should not miss our detailed blog post on this topic: Deregistering your trade when leaving Germany
Who must deregister their Business in Germany?
Trade deregistration is always necessary if you give up an independent trade with a fixed place of Business (in the so-called “standing trade”).
Such cases include:
- You wish to terminate altogether or discontinue your trade operation.
- You move the head office of your Business or a branch or dependent branch of your Business to a new location outside the municipality. In this case, you must deregister your trade with the regulatory office responsible for you. Then re-register the Business with the trade authority at the new location in the new municipality.
- You are changing the legal form of your trade. Deregister your Business under the previous legal form. Then re-register your trade under the new legal form.
Why should I deregister my German business?
According to § 14 Gewerbeordnung (GewO), every business owner is obliged to notify all changes concerning their trade. You must deregister your trade at the same time as you end your business activities, move to another community, or change the legal form of your trade.
The Trade Licensing Office notifies the tax office, the Chamber of Industry and Commerce, the Chamber of Crafts, if applicable, the registry court, and the responsible employers’ liability insurance association you have deregistered your trade. For this reason, trade deregistration must also take place when the trade is discontinued.
What should I do if I forget to deregister my German Business?
It is possible to deregister or re-registered retroactively. If the deregistration is made retroactively, you should know that you may have no longer exercised the trade as of the specified date. Authorities do not track the day when a trade has been deregistered. Nevertheless, all traders should observe a certain limit. In general, anyone who deregisters their business more than three months late can risk a fine.
Have you forgotten to deregister your business? We will gladly take care of it for you. Choose SympatMe to assist you!
Deregister your trade online
Deregister your business
Now € 99,– / one-time
Were you self-employed with a registered business in Germany? When you move away from Germany your business needs to be deregistered at the responsible trade licensing office to avoid taxes and investigations.
How our process works:
- Click on the button “start now”
- To book our service please provide all requested information
- We then create a support ticket with further details
- Please provide a copy of your business registration
- We assist you in filling out the necessary documents
- We provide you with the correct address to send your documents
We work with you individually, and our tailored approach allows you to choose the right service
Our service is fully digitalized, which means that you will not or barely need to deal with any paperwork, yes, even in Germany!
We are experts in our field, and you can trust that we will work on your case with commitment
Facts about our Service
FAQ Business deregistration
What is the procedure?
After placing your order and providing the required information, we will guide you through the documents and assist you with sending your business deregistration.
Which documents are required?
To deregister your business we need the following documents:
- Trade license
- Current confirmation of registration
- Identity card or passport
- Possibly a copy of an excerpt from the commercial, cooperative, or association register
- Power of Attorney (If you cannot appear in person)
What are the payment options?
You can choose from one of the following payment methods:
- Credit card
- (Instant) Bank Transfer
- Apple pay
- KBC/ CBC Payment Button
- Belfius Direct Net
As soon as you click “buy,” we will direct you to our payment provider’s page. You can complete your payment there. For your safety we don’t store payment details such as credit card numbers or similar at any time.
After successful payment, we will redirect you back to our site.
Please keep in mind that we do our best to provide credible and up-to-date information, but we are not an official advisor (in the sense of the Legal Services Act, RDG) for taxes, legal matters, and the like. Our service does not replace an individual consultation with legal assistance, and we provide digital tools and automated workflows to assist with the residence deregistration and related necessary steps.